Premium

Country

India

Device

Every Device

Operating System

Every OS

My Question or Issue

I am trying to find this song from Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber: I don't care. But I couldn't and then I google the spotify link and open that in my mobile and it shows song as disabled and I can't play it. Same on every device I tried. I even tried on spotify web as well. I also found other song from KSI - "down like that" which is also disabled for me. I am not sure whats the problem.

Capture.PNG
3 Replies

Hi there @harsh8398,

thanks for posting !

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

However, you can read more about the "Local Files" feature of the app and have your own content uploaded manualy to the app.

Hope this helps 

I appreciate your answer but I don't think this should happen. I can play these songs on youtube and other indian music streaming service without an issue. These are well famous songs. 

Hi @harsh8398,

thanks for posting back !

Services offered around the world are not to be compared when it comes to legal rights of right holders.

The permissions are in the record label/artist hands to decide if, when  or to which platform to upload their content and where in the world.

I can share from my personal experience that some of the content is unavailable in my country as well and for my friends around the world too.

I'm sure that Spotify does everything within its power to gain access and serve this content to its users.

I would be happy to answer any further questions you may have 🙂

Suggested posts