Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can see someone elses bank account details from my account

I can see someone elses bank account details from my account

I appears my account has merged with someone elses.

When I log on using my username and password it then thinks I am someone else and shows me their playlist.

When I go to account settings I can see their abank account details.

This is a complete breach of our terms and conditions, security and privacy.

How on earth has this happened?

7 Replies

Someone has access to your account?

Ouch. Very not good.

The account details should be mostly redacted, right? For CC numbers, only the last 4 digits and the expiry are shown so I imagine the same is true if paying from a bank account.

So in terms of financial account security, it could be worse. Though obviously it's a concern that the merge happened at all, and  ZIP, DOB, personal email address and other personal info are also contained in your profile.

Consider this a bump to keep your topic visible.

Also PM'd a moderator to get Spotify employee eyes on this asap for you.

pip21 - This sounds very concerning. Could you send a message to us at all? I will forward it over to our payments team to take a look at for you.

To send in a message, scroll up and click on "About us". Then, select "Contact Form". Then, if you wish, post the case number you are given here - I'll send it over to them.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have emails the contact form with a compalint and as yet have not heard anything.

Reference 408225

Hello,

That case number may be incorrect, but I managed to track your email down. We're taking a look for you.
Airhorn Enthusiast

yes my mistake - Ref- 480225

Suggested posts