Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't access explicit content. I am over 22.

I can't access explicit content. I am over 22.

My account was originally made in Korea. I'm in US right now and I can't access explicit content. Whenever I try to verify that I'm over 19 on my phone, it directs me to verify with my Korean phone number which was deactivated before I came to US. So, that won't work. I tried changing the account country by changing the card that's used for payment but the country is still set to Korea. My desktop app for Spotify also won't allow me to access explicit content even when I enabled "Allow playback of explicit rated content" on the setting menu.

FYI, my phone is Android and my desktop is Mac.
1 Reply

Hey hey! We'll be happy to explain a bit more about what seems to be happening here.

If you were able to change the payment method to one from the US but your account is still set to Korea, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through your new registered card, the account should sync up and you will be able to listen to explicit content without an error message popping up.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts