Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't cancel my Premium account. Help!!!

Solved!

I can't cancel my Premium account. Help!!!

I'm trying to cancel my Premium account. The Help pages direct me to the Subscription page, where supposedly there should be a "cancel subscription" button. I need to cancel this TODAY so it doesn't renew tomorrow!

On the Subscription page, all it says is :

You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account.

[and then a button that says 'update details']

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed on 2015-01-14 and charged $12.99 + Sales tax, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

It says nothing else! When I press the button that says "update details" it just redirects itself to the same page. PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

This whole set up is bull. Spotify are trying to take our money. Scammers. Their is no cancel button and I did not sign up with apple. I put my credit card details in. However this is an apple device (iPhone). I just want to get rid of premium and delete Spotify as I have had so many problems. Eg, I got premium for 3 months for 99 cents and now it says I will be charged $12.99 after this. That was not in the terms and conditions. I want my money and all the time I have waisted trying to sort this out back.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Please stop ignoring this, I really need help. I'm begging you. There is no "View Your Options" button.

spootify.png
Marked as solution

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star

You rock! Thanks so much for the help! 🙂

You're welcome!

Now dance because you won't be charged tomorrow 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star

I am having this same problem of being unable to cancel my free spotify premium trial. It says that I am on spotify free right now, not spotify premium, but it also says if I don't cancel my subscription by today I will be charged. There is no cancel button. I registered from an android. Please help immediately!

I have the same problem as well and with IOS 9 there is no way to manage subscritions. I'll be charged in 3 days and I realy feel like Spotify has cheated me.

Can't unsubscribe either!!now it said I have given free 30 days free premium that will be charged ridiculous

This is ridiculous! It says im on free trial, I go to cancel and all majical payment option buttons do not exist and they charged me anyway! Im requesting a refund through my bank!
Marked as solution

I'm having this problem too and have already been charged.

HOWEVER. When I log in from facebook it says I am on Spotify free.
There is no option to for me cancel my subsciprtion in the Spotify app.
AND, when I go to the App STore/iTunes in the settings on my iPhone to cancel the subscription, there is no option to do that either.

Please help me. I can't pay $12.99 a month for an app i no longer want.

Maybe you should contact Spotify and iTunes regarding this problem. I’ve experienced this too.
First, contact and Spotify, tell them what you’re problem is and ask them for confirmation that you are really subscribed to their service with iTunes. (You’ll need this when you contact iTunes, they would ask you for the confirmation.) After that, contact iTunes and tell them about you’re problem. Ask them to cancel you’re subscription because you’re not able to do it yourself.

@Shidahshundee wrote:
This is ridiculous! It says im on free trial, I go to cancel and all majical payment option buttons do not exist and they charged me anyway! Im requesting a refund through my bank!

Wow, from reviewing this forum and thread, I'm getting that dreadful feeling that I've been ripped off -  a Spotify.com refund option is virtually unavailable and basically takes your finances without being accountable - I'm not getting any resolution or explaination from Spotify Support regarding my request to refund my PayPal acct. $10.11 CAD (inv 977260261010 03/23/16) I've since blocked thier accountI. 

I did remove the Android App and have never installed Spot on my PC, so what am I paying for? oh, ya - the frustration!

I ordered from an android. How do i cancel?

Exact same predicament I'm in with these guys.  I have had to cancel them trough my bank.

Actually i subscribed through a Android....and i also can't cancel online or on my moblie device.

I have exhausted every link and webpage they say works to cancel. It doesnt.... they are toying with us. If i have to change my effing bank card to a new one just to get rid of spotify im gonna be pissed. Seriously spotify? You bloodsucking pissants

No subscription button present. Now what?

Marked as solution

This whole set up is bull. Spotify are trying to take our money. Scammers. Their is no cancel button and I did not sign up with apple. I put my credit card details in. However this is an apple device (iPhone). I just want to get rid of premium and delete Spotify as I have had so many problems. Eg, I got premium for 3 months for 99 cents and now it says I will be charged $12.99 after this. That was not in the terms and conditions. I want my money and all the time I have waisted trying to sort this out back.

I have no option of managing my subscriptions on my iphone! Do you know where I can view that? Need to cancel my subscription asap

Suggested posts