Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change my country OR my email address...

I can't change my country OR my email address...

I had the message pop up today that I can't listen to music abroad for more than 14 days, new money making policy I get it, but when I go to change my location because I moved here (Japan) in the last year, the only location options available are the UK and USA. My account is linked to my facebook and that's how it was set up, I have since changed my email address but my spotify account hasn't updated to it. The email address currently associated with my spotify account has been deactivated and deleted so I won't be able to receive a response notification from you and I can't use my app on any of my devices. I've already searched for alternative solutions, but I can't seem to find anything that pertains to my particula problem.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Is it possible that you are using a VPN or proxy? When changing country the list should display your previous and current country.

If that didn't work, you could create a new account with an email address that you can still use. You can then visit your old account by putting the following in the search field:

spotify:user:username

All public playlists you'll be able to grab from there so if there.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts