I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

Solved!

Re: I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

Regnareb
Music Fan

Thanks.

Well,  I have a spanish card but can't pay with it so... 

Thank you anyway ;) 

honeychurch2
Regular

I recently submitted a contact form requesting my country be changed (I just moved and don't have a credit card). How soon can I expect a response?

*EDIT: Support got back to me and everything is now in order!

westuh

Thats pretty shady that you have to enter your credit card info even if you are getting the "free" version. I don't understand how its free, even if getting charged. Do I want to give out my card info? Nope. Grooveshark/Pandora it is. Thanks for failing Spotify.

Highlighted
Solution!

jvanderb
Roadie

Spotify isn't doing this to be shady.  They are doing it to prevent abuse of the system.  Since free accounts do not include the ability to travel, if they just allowed people to change their country at will with no form of verification, people would be able to change their country and listen wherever they are.  By requiring the credit card for verification, all they are doing is validating your address.  They are not charging you anything.  If you really don't want to give this information out, you are free to contact Spotify using the contact form (Just click "About Us" above, and then click "Contact Form") and they can change it for you.  If Spotify was collecting billing information to use for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't still be around.

View solution in original post

Solution!

rschlanderer3
Casual Listener

I'm a premium member and am going to Mexico soon.  Does spotify work in Mexico?

View solution in original post

BMW2004white

HI I have a similar problem. 

My country settings are set for USA and so are my payment information. 

Its still telling me that my account is abroad and that my 14 days are up. Why is it assuming i am abroad when my country info is set to USA?? 

Help!

thanks 

Spotify
Spotify

Westuh - We really aren't trying to be shady. As Jvanderb mentioned before, it is only for verification reasons. We won't charge you anything.

Rschlanderer3 - As much as we'd love to be in Mexico, we're not available just yet. Should there be any update, you'll see it first on our blog.

BMW2004white - If you're in the US, your account should work. Are you in a US overseas territory at all? Such as Puerto Rico? If this is the case, I'm afraid we don't support national territories at the moment. We'd love to, but there are technical and legal restrictions stopping us doing so. You can read more about it here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/availability/territories/

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Rachel_Ratty

Hi, I'm also having a similiar problem that I have recently moved to Germany from the UK, and now cannot access Spotify, and I'm totally lost without it.
Please would you be able to help me change my country.

Thanks!

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Rachel_Ratty- I've just had a look and your account is currenty registered in Germany. 

Are you still having trouble logging into your account? 

Tommy_Briggs

i Need help! I live in England but it says I'm in Austria this is what it says when i try and login "Your country doesn't match your Account please change it" i can't Without using a card the thing is i don't have a card I'm 15 ! help 

SUGGESTED POSTS