Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

Solved!

I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

I live in the US but I used to live in France, Spotify won't let me change my country so I'll be able to listen to music, without making me pay! I shouldn't have to pay, I don't need to upgrade cause I'm "traveling" I just need them to get that I live in the US just like my IP address shows, and that I need to change my country from France to USA...

Can I not do this without paying??

85 Replies

Hey @joyla8

Unfortunately, if Spotify hasn't launched there yet, you won't be able to change your country there until it does. You should be fine in Austria though. 🙂

You can find more info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

It is launched here it just doesn’t allow me to change the country at all....

I same problem I lived in Costa Rica and now I live in the US and spotify wont let me change my country so I cannot listean to music. How can I change the country?? 

Hey @Sophie1228

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you so much!!

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts