I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

Solved!

Re: I can't change my country without paying?? I live in the US!

MattSuda
Community Legend

@user-removed

Did support ever reply back to you?

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

Hatikoduti

Hi I've registered my free acount in UK but the country showed up as USA...

and can't change it !!! please help me...

Robertellis575
Hello

I live in the uk but when living in france for 5 months changed m'y spotify settings to France. Now back in the uk i am unable to change it back. I havé gone into my profie and tried to change it but there is no uk option.
Help what do i do?

X_Splinter

I think it's trying to be shady because my account is premium and it's asking for a payment method to change the country...

I expected a better service from Spotify :(

gymnastemma5

Paulusegberts
I live in Denmark, but pay with a card from Netherlands. Any way to get danish music suggestions?

DanielNobre
Casual Listener
My wife and I are currently temporarily living in different countries. She offered me a family subscription but I'm unable to use it since I'm abroad. And since I'm on a free subscription I can't change the country, even when I'm actually in the same country as she is for a couple of days!

I think putting the onus on the user on this is really really bad customer experience. Most top streaming and online services today, from Netflix to Xbox Live, from PSN to Steam they allow you to change your country in whatever subscription you have. The different country restrictions, from a user perspective, come only into play when trying to find content in a country where it is not allowed. But that doesn't mean you are not allowed to access or edit family or country account settings, you just have filtered content.

And the solution I read the most is that I have to put in a card from my wife's country to be able to do this... Again, a really bad customer experience.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@DanielNobre

I take you've been a Premium user before, so for you to change countries you need to delete your payment info.

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info.

Once you've done this, you'll be able to change countries, depending of your IP address, and if Spotify has officially launched there.
However, I would accept your wife's offer and let her pay for your subscription since you're family after all. That way, you'll be Premium regardless of where in the world you find yourself. :)
osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

DanielNobre
Casual Listener

Thank you for the suggestion. But in this account I think I've never been a premium user. Anyway since I've been in the same country as my wife for the past two weeks, I actually managed to change and save it as my country's account.

Sorry for my previous reply, apparently I just had to wait quite a bit of time to be able to finally redeem the code...

Thank you for your time, osornios!

eptzas

I live in Mexico but, i bought two gift cards in the US and I can´t use them because of my country. Can I change my country without adding my credit card?

SUGGESTED POSTS