Country

Czech

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android, Windows 10 (PC)

My Question or Issue

I am logged in via facebook. 
My old email will stop working in 2 weeks. I changed my e-mail on Facebook a few days ago. But Spotify constantly uses the old one, which cannot be changed in the settings. Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Negativ1

If you click the relevant link in the article, it should redirect you to a support article. There is a link (the first one) to a contact form. 

You can also reach them through a message on Facebook instead. 

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @Negativ1,

Welcome to the Community!

To change the email address on your Facebook-created account follow the steps below:

1. Go to our password reset form.
  2. Enter the email address registered to your Facebook account.
  3. Continue in order to create a password for the account.

After that you should be able to change the email address on your account by accessing your account page. Check out this help article in case if you need help with resetting your password. 

You should now be able to log in with your email address and the new password. 

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again. 

I tried it before, I created a new password (reset), I logged in via e-mail + password (not via Facebook), but the e-mail still cannot be changed.

I'll try again ...

So nothing, still the same problem even if I log in with a username (31 *** qk4 ***** zber3 ***** y5fs *) and a new password .. 😐

Hi Negativ1,

Than you for reaching out to the Community. Would you kindly try using a different device, and a different browser? Would you also try incongnito Window too?

Hope this helps.

Hello @Negativ1

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

In case your Spotify account was created through Facebook, it's good to know that it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

But this help is Twitter only.. i don´t have Twitter :-I
Marked as solution

Hi @Negativ1

If you click the relevant link in the article, it should redirect you to a support article. There is a link (the first one) to a contact form. 

You can also reach them through a message on Facebook instead. 

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this! 

Suggested posts