Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change my personal account details.

Solved!

I can't change my personal account details.

I created my account on Facebook, and I can't seem to be able to edit my email, gender and birth date. I had already edit these settings on my Facebook page, but it just won't change, not even my profile picture on the playlists. Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @SiameseTwins,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, was your information updated on your Spotify profile?

If it is still not showing up after a couple of days, we'd recommend reaching out to us by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @SiameseTwins.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Give it 48 hours and your Facebook profile should update in your Spotify account. Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hello! have you tried logging in on the Spotify website, not through Facebook?

Yeah, my Facebook data is being processed and all of my personal information is checked.

Marked as solution

Hey there @SiameseTwins,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, was your information updated on your Spotify profile?

If it is still not showing up after a couple of days, we'd recommend reaching out to us by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Done, thank you.

Hey @SiameseTwins,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We're glad to hear that everything is sorted now 🙂 If you have any questions, feel free to post here in the Community.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator

I am having this exact problem with my account but as I have now deleted my Facebook account there seems to be no way in which I can change this. Is anyone able to help me??

Hey there @mossluke,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

If you've created your Spotify account through Facebook, your account details are automatically set and it's not possible to change them from the account overview page.

What you can update is your display name and profile picture. Head here to learn how.

If you need to change your email address, we'd recommend getting in touch with our support teams through the link here. The folks there can help you make changes on the account.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Stay safe!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts