Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change my profile name

Solved!

I can't change my profile name

I tryied to go to my "edit profile" following the steps of https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-change-my-display-name/ta-p/4906315

but it doesn't appear the name in my profile. I think the problem is that I created my account with facebook but 2 years ago I deleted my facebook account so it doesn't appear my name of facebook because this doesn't exist.

Plan: Premium

Captura.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @1184056719,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to clarify, did you follow these steps with the mobile app to change your display name?

1. Tap Home then Settings.

2. Tap View profile.

3. Tap EDIT PROFILE.

4. Tap your display name to change it.

5. Tap Save.

If you managed to edit your display name but this won't change, would you mind logging out and then back in? This should help your account sync with the desired changes. To confirm, if you add a Spotify display name while your account is connected to Facebook, then the display name will show instead of your Facebook name. Take a loot at this support site article if you'd like to know more.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @1184056719,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to clarify, did you follow these steps with the mobile app to change your display name?

1. Tap Home then Settings.

2. Tap View profile.

3. Tap EDIT PROFILE.

4. Tap your display name to change it.

5. Tap Save.

If you managed to edit your display name but this won't change, would you mind logging out and then back in? This should help your account sync with the desired changes. To confirm, if you add a Spotify display name while your account is connected to Facebook, then the display name will show instead of your Facebook name. Take a loot at this support site article if you'd like to know more.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Thank you!!! In the phone it worked I don't know how but it work! Thanks! I close the post

Hey @1184056719,

Thanks for your updates. 

Glad to hear that my suggestions worked 🙂 

You'll find us here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice (and a safe) day!

Mario Moderator

Help!! I'm able to follow the first two steps but once I'm at my profile it just said "Find Friends"?! I can't see "Edit Profile" anywhere!

Hey there @keagan3,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

Can you open an incognito window on your PC? Sometimes the cache can cause different issues. Then you can try again with the steps @Mario mentioned. 

If that doesn't help, you can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts