I can't change the country in my account!

Solved!
Highlighted

I can't change the country in my account!

Spotify
Spotify

Hello all,

Are you having trouble changing the country in your account? Don't worry, it's nice and easy to sort.

Firstly, head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

If you're still having trouble, just contact Customer Support here. They'll be more than happy to help out.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: I can't change the country in my account!

Community Legend

@emmerson34 wrote:

Hello,

I am currently abroad (opened my account in the US, am now in the UK) and have attempted to change my country in my account. The dropdown list there is grey and unclickable, even though I am physically in the UK. I also cannot do the second option because my credit card is still a US one. I even opened a new account here in the UK, but it seems to have automatically set my country to the US, even though I inputted a Belfast postal code. Is there anything else that can be done?

Emma

Hey Emma 🙂 

I'm from Belfast!!

You should be able to change your country to whichever country your current IP address geo-locates too. So the Spotify system must think you are in the US, are you using a proxy or VPN to access Spotify or the Spotify website? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@Nathaliehuijb - Did you get this sorted? 

@luke3d - You should be able to change your country as long as the IP address you are changing it from geo-locates to the correct country. Does http://whatismyipaddress.com/ report your IP address is in Italy? 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@danlor - Does that happen even if you use the link above? 

If so, don't worry if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get it changed over manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Highlighted
Solution!

Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

@Jéromine 

Read this on how to do change countries:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idc...

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address

326 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener

"If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there."

My credit card is from a country that is not on the list of countries given as an option on the "change payment method" page.

Can I still use this credit card to pay for spotify?

Highlighted

Community Legend

@paula_h wrote:

"If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there."

My credit card is from a country that is not on the list of countries given as an option on the "change payment method" page.

Can I still use this credit card to pay for spotify?

Unfortunately not, your credit card needs to be registered in a country where Spotify have launched, which are all the countries located in that list.

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hello,

I am currently abroad (opened my account in the US, am now in the UK) and have attempted to change my country in my account. The dropdown list there is grey and unclickable, even though I am physically in the UK. I also cannot do the second option because my credit card is still a US one. I even opened a new account here in the UK, but it seems to have automatically set my country to the US, even though I inputted a Belfast postal code. Is there anything else that can be done?

Emma

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@emmerson34 wrote:

Hello,

Emma

Hey Emma 🙂 

I'm from Belfast!!

You should be able to change your country to whichever country your current IP address geo-locates too. So the Spotify system must think you are in the US, are you using a proxy or VPN to access Spotify or the Spotify website? 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
emmerson34 - As I mentioned above, for us to help further, please contact Customer Support.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Peter,

Thanks, that did it! I was indeed using a proxy to access my Netflix account.

Really enjoying Belfast so far.

Thanks again,

Emma

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yeah guess what. I'm from Israel, living in Poland, on Facebook I'm said to be living in New Zealand and yet Spotify set up my country to USA. Never been to USA, cool to be now, while being in Poland in the same time. Sorry, but your system is really pissing me off. I have to read thousands of posts to get to know why I can't listen to Spotify. How hard could it be to set up one thing which causes so many problems to the users. I don't get your policy. Thinking of stopping using this radio, anyway.

Highlighted

Community Legend

@KarelGoldbaum wrote:

Yeah guess what. I'm from Israel, living in Poland, on Facebook I'm said to be living in New Zealand and yet Spotify set up my country to USA. Never been to USA, cool to be now, while being in Poland in the same time. Sorry, but your system is really pissing me off. I have to read thousands of posts to get to know why I can't listen to Spotify. How hard could it be to set up one thing which causes so many problems to the users. I don't get your policy. Thinking of stopping using this radio, anyway.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are having issues getting the country in your profile set correctly, just use the link in the first post to get in touch with customer support and they will be happy to help you out.

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm in the same situation.

I'm in Portugal, I have used my account before but now my account is in the US. Great, can't use Spotify now.

Contacted already the support last week, but to no avail and not a single answer whatsoever.

Credit card information is a no go, to much sensible information that's not important for Spotify to have.

So, any new solutions or it is a matter of time to get some answers from support?

SUGGESTED POSTS