Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Notebook and Samsung Cellphone

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android 

My Question or Issue

I was conneting to Spotfy with my facebook, but now I want to use my email. So I tried to follow the topic (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/I-want-to-disconnect-Facebook-from-my-Spotify/ta-p/...), but it did't work.

The option "DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK" from "Settings - Social" doesn't show anymore, I did reset my spotify password, but when I try to logon it failed with an error message "auth:2".

I know you people love facebook, but I want to disconnect it from my spotify account!

5 Replies

Hi @Kietzmann,

thanks for reaching out !

I would like to start by suggesting a clean reinstall (a bit different than the usual one) of the Spotify app as it tends to solve this type of issues.

You can do so by following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

It doesn't help 😞 

Hey there @rafalidzkowski!

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know a bit more about the issue you're experiencing?

Are you trying to disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook or do you have trouble logging in using your email and password?

It would also help a lot if you could let us know what steps you've taken so far so that we don't suggest something you've tried.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Well, I want to get rid of FaceBook from my Spotity and use my spotify username/password to login.

I tried the "disconnect from facebook" post, I guess that it worked to remove the facebook from spotify, however I still can't login with my spotify account, I have to use facebook.

Should I try the uninstall steps? It didn't work to my colleague. There's any other quicker and easier way to fix that problem?

Got it @Kietzmann!

What happens if you try logging in with the email and the newly reset password?

If you get a message that the details are incorrect, it's possible that you have 2 Spotify accounts with the same email and the system cannot log you in.

If that is the case, you should be able to log in using your account's username instead. It sounds like your account was created via Facebook so that would be a string of numbers that you should be able to see when you log in on your Account page.

You can also take a look here to see what you can do to change the email address on your account to avoid the issue.

We hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts