Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't delete my Spotify created through Facebook, and I can't connect my other account to my FB.

Solved!

I can't delete my Spotify created through Facebook, and I can't connect my other account to my FB.

I have 2 spotify accounts, but I only want one. The first one is the one I use the most, and I accidentally connected it to an old Facebook account from my current one. In an attempt to disconnect the first Spotify account from my old facebook, I permanently deleted my old facebook account. On my first spotify, it says it's still connected, and it won't let me disconnect. On my current facebook, I tried connecting to Spotify, but it made a completely new account that can't be deleted itself. (My first Spotify was created before Facebook was mandatory for signing up.)

How do I disconnect my first spotify from Facebook, delete my second spotify from my current Facebook, and then reconnect my first spotify to my current facebook?

36 Replies

thanks, any idea how long they might take?

I've reopened your ticket. You should hear from us soon.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks Richard.

I have spotted that no payment has been taken for my old spotify premium account and it should have been taken last week. I do want that account back rather than to start all over again. I have all details of that account.

Do you know how soon, soon might be as I have been pursuing this for over two weeks now and I don't want to let it drop in case time expires on being able to activate that account.

Seth

so i can't change facebook account on spotify? Becouse now it's my friend's facebook that is connected to my spotify and I want to change it to mine.

HI,
I am very disappointed with how my Spotify playlists got removed. I have had my
account for a very long time, and just recently got a Facebook so I connected it
with that. My Facebook is under a different email so if figured it would be like
just starting over. That wasn't the case. I didn't want the Facebook account
anymore and just wanted to use my original one because it has all of my fav
music in playlists. When I logged back into my original account most of my
playlists were gone.
PLEASE HELP

in addition i cant get rid of my account that got coneected to facebook

This is the problem im having but dont seem to be getting any help. Is there a number I can ring?

Very curious as towhy anyone would feel the need to have two accounts for the same product. 

How about being a music teacher and using a nicknamed fully paid account in school that ive added lists oand albums too and not wanting to use a previously made facebook linked account in school..... would that satisfy your curiosity as to why fruitmeister?? p.s. I posted this problemm years ago and it took several emails and attempts to resolve with no response for ages

It shouldn't be this hard to permanently delete from any account. Anyway, about the online contact form, each time i clicke on it it does not go to an "online form." It just leads me right back to where I started. Anybody else having that issue?

It won't let me either. I hit connect in my new Spotify account and it won't connect because I previously created an old account using my Facebook. This is extremely annoying

I do not see a way to disconnect it

My old spitfireis tied with another fb account same one im using but I can get the old spitfirei off fb but wen I go to put it back on it puts the old account back on there help please?
Screenshot_2016-09-17-02-07-23.png

How can you know your username and password when you created the spotify account through your facebook account ?

Did not make the account whit fb.

Is there a way to remove the old free account? I have a similar problem but I was able to connect my new premium account to my Facebook. Now, I want to remove or unconnect the old free account from my Facebook.

i wanted to connect my spotify account to facebook, but ended up making a new spotify account. could you delete the user without any songs or friends, to the account i normally use? use spotify every day, but want to connect fy facebok, so that i can add all off my friends, automatic

My goodness, pathetic.  I can't delete my Spotify account to get rid of my FB info on there and I can't delete this stupid comment, can only edit.  Nevermind.  I read your help section and for everyone trying to delete your Spotify...they won't let you.  They say we must make a new account!  Shame on you Spotify.  Why can't you just DELETE?!  Won't be making a new Spotify account ever!  Done here.

If you’d like to disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook, just follow these steps: 

Open the Spotify desktop app.
    In the top-right corner, click  > Settings.
    Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

Don’t see this option? This means you created your account with Facebook, and therefore it’s not possible to disconnect from it. In order to use Spotify without Facebook in this case, you need to create a new account.
  1.  > Settings.
  2. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

Don’t see this option?

This means you created your account with Facebook, and therefore it’s not possible to disconnect from it.

In order to use Spotify without Facebook in this case, you need to create a new account.

Suggested posts