Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't link my spotify account to my playstation.

I can't link my spotify account to my playstation.

Hello. First of all I have to ask you to bear with me for a while, this isn't the typical problem, so please hear me out.

A couple of years ago, a STRANGER created me an spotify account. He claimed that he would use an offer somewhat related to PlayStation that would give me premium access. Turns out it was a scam and the Premium Access got removed a couple of days later, but I liked Spotify nonetheless, so I kept using that account despite of it. After some time I paid for my own premium, and about a year ago I joined a family plan. Spotify has been good to me.

But recently I got a PlayStation, and I tried to link that Spotify Account to my PlayStation Account. It turns out that my Spotify account was already linked to a PlayStation Account, and my guess is that that STRANGER linked it to an unknown PSN account. Therefore, I can't unlink my Spotify Account from that unknown PSN account because, well, that PSN Account is unknown to me.

So here am I, asking you, good people: What can I do in order to have my Spotify Account linked to my PSN Account if I can't access in any way the unknown PSN Account that it is currently linked to?

Thank you very much.

5 Replies

Hi there

A way that might help is go to accoutn settings and click log out on all devices. Than change the password so he cannot log back on.

Hope that Helps

Please like trying to get rockstar

Already done. Also, I removed privileges from the "app" section. Neither did work, but thank you for trying!

Hey @themaninthecab!

Nice troubleshooting steps, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this though. I'd also recommend you try this link from Playstation.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the help! But I'm sad to say the link you sent me doesn't work for me, as my Spotify account already seems to be linked to an another (unknown) PSN account, so the Spotify account is not free to link to my real PSN account.

Hey @themaninthecab!

Thanks for your reply. I think you might find this solved topic useful. However, if none of the suggestions there do the trick, the best option would be to create a new account. No worries though, if you follow these steps, you can have your music and followers transferred to your new account. 

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts