NEXT STEP

I can’t log into Spotify on my PlayStation

Solved!

I can’t log into Spotify on my PlayStation

•  Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

29 Replies

I tried all the solution you gave me and Solutions I read about and it didn't work sadly 😞 and the problem seem to only appear in my Spotify account when u tried to turn music on from my brother ps4 account it worked

Hey @Manjiro_,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Could you please to try logging in through the browser instead of entering the pair code? 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I logged in and disconnected my Spotify account and my ps from there and reconnect and still it doesn't work

Hi there @Manjiro_,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try the following things in this order:

1. Check if there are any firmware updates for your PS4 and let those install.
  2. Unlink your PSN account from Spotify: Go to your Account Overview page> Click Apps> Click Remove Access for Sony.
  3. Use your mobile phone to connect your PS4 to your Spotify account. Make sure your PlayStation and phone/tablet are in the same network and that the Spotify app is in foreground on your PS4. Follow Spotify Connect instruction here.

If the issue continues, please take a photo/screenshot of the error you're getting and attach it to your next reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I managed to link the account but it's still doesn't play music and this what i see when i open the app 😞 btw sorry my phone camera is bad The picture isn't clear

IMG_20230117_183326.jpg

Hey @Manjiro_,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

So, just to confirm, is there any pending updates in your PS4? If yes, try updating your console to see if you notice any difference.

On another, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an app update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

There wasn't any update for my ps4 Spotify just suddenly stopped playing 11 days ago i unlinked the account and tried to make a new account to play music and it worked but whenever i try to login to my main account I can't login or link unless i link them from the account management in the ps4 and when i link it just as you saw the app show's a bunch of number's and alphabet's and won't play anything

Hey @Manjiro_,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info sent.

To continue investigating this issue, we'll need to gather as much info as possible. In this case, would you mind checking if you have the same error message when logging on to a different device? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Also, have you tried changing the network connection to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another network, you can use your mobile data as a hotspot or connect your PS4 to a public network as well.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Sorry for the wait i was waiting for my friend to get her ps4 back but a moment ago i tried one last time to play the app on my account and it somehow worked idk how but everything is good now 🧍🏽‍♀️

Hey @Manjiro_,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and letting us know that it was already fixed.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away 🙂

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts