Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't log into spotify from my new device

I can't log into spotify from my new device

I recently upgraded my iPhone from a 5 to an 11.  I can't log into spotify from my new phone.  It says "something went wrong. please try again later."  Well...what's going wrong and how can I fix it??  I think I did forget my password a couple times on my new device before I looked it up in my notes....so could that have had something to do with it?  Either way, even with my correct log-in credentials, spotify is not letting me log in on my new phone.  Please help.  

7 Replies

Hey @dmgordon, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? 

If that doesn't help, try resetting your password once more here. You can write your passcode down so you don't forget.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ok...I re-downloaded the app, and tried to log in...still didn't work.  They gave me the option of getting in without a password by getting an email sent to me, and so I tried that...but never got the email.  I then tried the reset option...but again...never got the email.  So strange.  

Thanks for getting back to us with this info @dmgordon!

We understand that you have trouble accessing the app but are you able to log in on our website here?

If you're still getting an error message, we'd recommend trying to reset your password in an incognito window.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena.  Yes I can still log in from the main website on my computer, and yes I did try to reset my password...still no luck with the app

Okay @dmgordon

In this case we can try some more steps to troubleshoot the app on your new phone.

Just to make sure, when you reinstalled your app did you follow all the steps here  to ensure that all old saved files are removed form your device.

It's important that the cached info is deleted so that it doesn't cause trouble. And after following these steps we'd suggest restarting your phone.

Lastly, if the issue persists, could you send us a screenshot of the what you see when you try to log in? Just make sure to cover any personal info on it.

We're looking forward to your update 🙂

ElenaModerator

Yes, I tried deleting the app using those steps (as well as changing the password) and I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to log in.  I'm able to log in from my laptop no problem.  I don't know if this might have something to do with it, but my iPhone has been having trouble accessing cellular data lately.  it's noticeable when I try to use the "maps" app and "safari" app when I'm away from wifi.  But even when I do have wifi, I still can't log into spotify.  

IMG_0003.jpg

Hmm, this is quite odd @dmgordon. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Could you try restarting your device and closing all apps that you're not using?

If it's possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on their account on your phone so that we could narrow down the possible reasons for this.

Last but not least, since you have access to your Account page you should be able to see your auto-generated username - it's a string of letters and numbers. Could you try using that to log in?  

Give us a shout if you have any updates.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts