I can't play certain songs!

Solved!

I can't play certain songs!

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

ASUS Only one song playable on that public playlistOnly one song playable on that public playlistHere my Daily Mix, with very little song playableHere my Daily Mix, with very little song playable

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have been premium for a few months now, everything worked just fine, but at the beginning of the week something strange happened...

Indeed, all the albums I liked and that were stored on the "Albums" topic disappeared... 

Same for my "Discovery of the week"...

And worst of all, I can't play 75% of the songs! 

And the songs that I can play are quiet random (the marjority is songs I've liked, and others I didn't).

For example (pic. 1) public playlists I've liked contains only one playable song.

And same for my "Made for you" playlist" (pic. 2)

But I can still listen to the songs that I likes in the "Songs" topic

I really don't understand why,

If you guys have any idea what that could be linked to... I'd be very thankful! Because I pay every months... 

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

2019-02-20_15h41_42.png2019-02-20_15h41_49.pngSebasty's suggestion fixed my problem 🙂 

Cheers

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Well I'm in the US and I can see all of the songs in the This Is Nile Rodgers playlist, so I suppose the issue could be regional (other French users, please weigh in). I would try logging out, then uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Yes, that's the very thing I did... I logged out, deleted the app, and since then it has even "gotten worse" (the albums disappeared...)

I'm so puzzled!

Yes, that's the very thing I did... I logged out, deleted the app, and since then it has even "gotten worse" (the albums disappeared...)

I'm so puzzled!

Hey @cdfba7_0-ja78.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is a setting you can toggle on and off called "Show unavailable tracks in playlists". When toggled on, you'll see songs that are not available in your region but these will be greyed out. In your screenshots it looks like the whole text is blank, which is odd. The amount of non-playable songs also looks very high.

We suspect something is wrong with your app. Could you try a quick reinstallation using these instructions? If this doesn't help, we'd like to ask you if you could see if a friend or family member from the same country is able to open these songs.

Let us know what you can find. Have a nice day!

I can't play the songs I have not liked yet in random albumsI can't play the songs I have not liked yet in random albums"Made for you", more songs are playable (for the most part songs I have already liked) but some are still unplayable"Made for you", more songs are playable (for the most part songs I have already liked) but some are still unplayableGood morning (it might not be the morning where you live though, but hello anyway), thank you for your answer. 

Well, I have reinstalled the app the way you showed me, it did nothing...

But actually it improved a little like yesterday. I got (after having reinstalled the app yesterday) my albums back, and I can play all the songs I liked in these albums.

But I can't play most of the songs from albums I have not liked yet (pic. 1).

But some of the "Made for you" songs are still unplayable (pic. 2). Even if it has got better for some uncanny reasons.

I really think the issue is coming from me. Too much songs are unavailable for it to be a problem with Spotify France... 

Thanks for your response but the problem is still confusing. 

Hey @cdfba7_0-ja78.

Thanks for getting back to us with that detailed info.

Would you mind trying with the same account on a different device and seeing if that changes anything?

If not, then we suggest you create a new account and then get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will help you transfer all your content over to your new account and then close the old one.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

Hi,

I created another account, as you suggested, the thing is,  the same problem persisted... Many songs were not playable in ablums I didn't like yet.

I recently reinstalled the app for my main account and it has gotten worse again.

I have truly no idea what to do. Please, if you have any solution, I'd be glad! 

Have a nice week.

Hey @cdfba7_0-ja78.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the delay!

Would you mind trying on a different network (e.g. mobile hotspot) and see if you're still seeing this issue?

If that doesn't work for you, could you provide us with the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device and OS version
  • URI of the unplayable track(s)?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Spotify VersionSpotify VersionMy PCMy PCThanks a lot for keeping in touch.

I've linked what you asked (my device and OS version info are in French, I can translate if you want me to).

I don't quite know how to get the URI of the unplayable songs, but my spotify is entirely broken, indeed, I deleted by accident many files, probably linked to my liked and saved albums.

And, worse, I can't play ANY songs at allUnplayable songs I already likedUnplayable songs I already liked

I am even more puzzled than before, and I tried using the second account (free) but it is the same...

Any answer will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

And I forgot to mention that Spotify has debited the monthly price for my premium account... that is not working anymore... 

Hey @cdfba7_0-ja78.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

We noticed that you're not on the latest version of the desktop app (currently v. 1.1.0). Would you mind updating it by going here and downloading the latest version?

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having trouble, let us know- we'll be right here.

pic 2pic 2

Hi!

I have updated Spotify (it is now in 1.1.0), but it is the same!

No song playable AT ALL! Neither in my daily mixes (pic. 1) nor in public playlists (pic.2)

Something is definitely going wrong here, but as time goes by, I am considering changing app...

I'm looking forward to hearing your answers. Cheers!pic. 1pic. 1

Well, after many hours of hard work, I finally found the solution to my problem! 

Everything is back in order. My account is working like a charm again. 

For those who are still experiencing the same problem I had, I suggest you visit this topic; the solution actually helped me a lot...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Randoms-songs-albums-that-aren-t-saved-to-library-pl...

Nevertheless, thank you Peter for the time you spent trying to solve my problem!  

Hey @cdfba7_0-ja78.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for not linking you to that thread earlier - we thought we'd try some basic troubleshooting first before we could confirm you were experiencing the same issue.

In any case, we're glad you found your way to that thread. Would you just mind specifying what it was that solved the issue for you?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Marked as solution

2019-02-20_15h41_42.png2019-02-20_15h41_49.pngSebasty's suggestion fixed my problem 🙂 

Cheers

Would that also apply to the impossibility of playing French chansons when in France?

Suggested posts