Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't recover my password to old account (not a Facebook account)

I can't recover my password to old account (not a Facebook account)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

canada 

My Question or Issue

hello, 

I created a spotify account a few months ago and started a premium free trial, but my password stopped working. I tried to reset the password, but never recieved a reset email (i check the spam folder). I have opened a new account with a new email, but i would like to cancel the old one so I don't have two premium subscriptions. 

does anyone know how i can cancel my old account without using password reset?

thank you

5 Replies

Hey, @abrownsparks -

That's not cool!

After you sent an email to reset your password, please make sure you've looked through every folders including the spam folder (e.g. If you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs.)

I also suggest using a different browser or incognito mode to see if it works.

If you still have issues, you can follow the steps here for further help;

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you so much for the suggestions and the link. 

I've tried all the steps (other browser, checked all email folders etc, not a social media/facebook linked account) with no luck. 

is there anyway to contact Spotify to cancel the account?

Hello there, 

That is very unfortunate to hear. Try resetting your password (as you know your email address and phone number) through Spotify’s password reset setting. Try emailing Spotify headquarters as well. If worst comes to worst you can always create a new account, free and accessible. 

If you need to contact Spotify about your problem directly you can message them on twitter (@spotifycares) or fill out a form online.

Contact Information Link: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

good luck and hope you have a nice day!

thanks everyone!

Suggested posts