Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't register, email already in use

Solved!

I can't register, email already in use

Hi All,

I invited my wife to my Spotify Family subscription, but she can't register because it says "We're sorry, that email is taken.". When she try to reset the password it says "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account.'

How can we register an account with her email address on Spotify?

Thank you for your help

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @bigpetify I would follow the steps below

1. Got to your account page
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left
  3. Select an Empty slot
  4. Click INVITE WITH LINK or enter the Spotify email address of the person you want to invite and select SEND INVITE

As you can see in the instructions above you can also create a spotify account for your wife and then connect it using the procedure given above. If this fails I would try to use the spotify app or webplayer on a different device and do the same steps above. You could also refresh your device currently using spotify with and do the steps above again. If all else fails (only do as a last resort please contact Spotify's cutomer service using the link below.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support

Hopefully this helps!:)

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@bigpetify I would contact customer service using the link i provided above so they can help figure out whats going on with this email. Hopefully this helps!:)

Marked as solution

I will do that 🙂

thanks

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @bigpetify I would follow the steps below

1. Got to your account page
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left
  3. Select an Empty slot
  4. Click INVITE WITH LINK or enter the Spotify email address of the person you want to invite and select SEND INVITE

As you can see in the instructions above you can also create a spotify account for your wife and then connect it using the procedure given above. If this fails I would try to use the spotify app or webplayer on a different device and do the same steps above. You could also refresh your device currently using spotify with and do the steps above again. If all else fails (only do as a last resort please contact Spotify's cutomer service using the link below.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support

Hopefully this helps!:)

hi!

Thank you for your answer. 

I can invite her, but she cannot register with her email address, because Spotify says the email address already in use.

Marked as solution

@bigpetify I would contact customer service using the link i provided above so they can help figure out whats going on with this email. Hopefully this helps!:)

Marked as solution

I will do that 🙂

thanks

Suggested posts