Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't register my daughter

I can't register my daughter

I just tried to register my daughter for spotify so that she can use our family subscription and it doesn't work. I tried with two different email-addresses but it sort of times out.

16 Replies

In order to add a family member, your family member needs to have their own Spotify account. Once they have their own account, follow these steps:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click Manage.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click Invite Member By Link or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click Send Invite.

Then, so your family members can accept your invite, get them to follow these steps:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click Redeem.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click Accept Invitation again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click Redeem

Thank you for coming back to me. I had managed to send the invite BUT for some strange reason it doesn't work for her to sign up. This is really annoying.

Is there a way for Spotify to look up the issue?

Hey @lukasbrunbauer.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Be sure that the email address you are issuing an invitation to, is already associated with an active Spotify account. Because it's important that when your daughter opens the email invitation, she uses her own person login credentials to accept the invitation. Have her open the email in an incognito browsing session if it's still not working.

Hope it work of course! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks once again but NO that's not the issue.

Whenever my daughter or I try to register her the process gets stuck. I
have the impression that spotify blocked the email-adress for some reason.

Is there a way to get in touch with Spotify directly?

thanks again!

Hey @lukasbrunbauer.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you describe what's happening when your daughter tries to accept the invite for the Family plan? If you think a screenshot would help to better illustrate the issue, feel free to send one over.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

This is where it gets stuck.

[image: image.png]

Hey @lukasbrunbauer.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Would you mind sending us that screenshot again? It doesn't seem to have attached correctly.

Thanks 🙂

How can I create an account for my son aged 13+ ?

Thanks for your help

This is where it gets stuck. Can't get past this point. 

registration mia spotify 21.01.19.png

Hey @lukasbrunbauer.

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

Would you mind trying from a different device, preferably on a desktop? If you're still experiencing issues there, could you try opening the page in a different browser or an incognito window? 

Let us know how it goes - we'll be right here if you need any further help with this.

I will try again although I already tried from an incognito browser.

I have the same problem. I sent an invitation to my child to her email address, but she didn't have a spotify account yet. Maybe the problem lies in the order that you must first create an account on spotify and then send an invitation? I tried create account later on her tablet with chrome, on my computer on Edge and Chrome and from another IP (in my work). I tried to delete cookies and cache and nothing helped. I tried to do the same two days in a row.

I tried to set up an account on my second email address and everything went without any problems. So I suspect that when sending a family invitation, the e-mail address is saved in the database and if I want to create a non-existing account to which I sent the invitation, this entry interferes with setting up the account (but no error message appears). I look forward to fixing the problem

Looks like a problem with birthday date. I entered the date 2004 (16 years) and the form did not report any problem, but it also did not allow me to go further. Entering the 1995 date helped and the account was created. My earlier suspicions were therefore unfounded. This is simply an error in the form. I hope it will be resolved soon 🙂

Hey there @eldamiani

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

There's a certain minimum age required for creating a Spotify account. This may vary across different countries. You can check the minimum age in your country here.

Also, we suggest you check this help page. There you'll find more useful info about the Premium Family subscription. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for your response. Some time ago I registerd two years younger son without any troubles (2006). In the description for my country they writes that the service can be used by people over 18 years of age and from the age of 13 with parental consent. I didn't have any message saying I didn't meet the requirements, so I didn't know what was wrong. There are no option for parental consent.

Suggested posts