Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't remove songs from my library

I can't remove songs from my library

My Question or Issue

I try to remove 2 specific songs from my library but they keep coming back after a few hours, it happens every time I try to remove them 

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you also try this from another device (e.g. from a Spotify desktop app)?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi 

thank you for answering, I tried reinstalling the app and the songs were removed for a few days but then came back.

it's happening both on my phone and computer 

I have a premium account 

The operating system on my phone is Android 8

and on my computer is Windows 10

Did you click on a link on Instagram for example, that says "presave"?

You can check the access of the Apps on the Spotify page. Check the solution in my thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Not-able-to-unfollow-unsubscribe-artist/td-p/4626647

Maybe you will find something uncommon in there.

Greetings Fred

Hey @ss113.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you log in on your account page here to see if you have allowed access to any app/service that might add music to your library?

You could also try to remove the songs using a different device to see if that works.

Hope it does the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

hi 

I tried to remove acess for this artist but it didn't work, the songs keep coming back 

and I tried to remove them from my phone, computer and web player 

Hey @ss113,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you send us a screenshot of the songs? It would also be great if you can send over the URI's of these specific songs 🙂 

Have a nice day! 

The top two songs.

Their URI are: spotify:track:1N7YeVU0ZwAFbOhwM61ef6

spotify:track:7IilckkBVWxViiyT7hY8v5

thank u
ללא שם.jpg

I had the exact same problem.

Logging into the Spotify online web player and removing them there finally did the trick for me.

Restarting my device worked to remove songs I unliked from my Library shuffle. I can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner. Thanks for the awesome tip!!

Suggested posts