Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't reset my password

I can't reset my password

Okay so I wanted to upgrade to premium (which I have done before with zero issues) but I was asked for a password, which I then realised I had forgotten. I've tried to look for a way to reset my password but when it comes down to it, I'm being asked to enter my current password (IE; the one I can't remember) so it defeats the objective. So I'm pretty much stuck. I'd also like to change some other details on my account such as my username or the email address my account is registered to but again I have to enter my current password to do that. Long story short, I can't figure out how to reset my password. Help please, someone.

10 Replies

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have same problem.

Did you follow the steps I posted above?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Once I set my new password and go to log in on the desktop app it syas that it's wrong...

When I go to the reset password page, it says "it looks like you are logged in with your Facebook account." Then it says to change my Facebook password. So I changed my Facebook password. Then when I tried to log in to spotify using my spotify username and new Facebook password, I got the same unable to log in message that lead me to trying to change my password in the first place. I can log in through Facebook, but I am having the multiple accounts issue so I need to be able to log in to spotify using my spotify username to fix the issue (as far as I can tell). Is there no way to change the spotify password once an account has been linked to Facebook? I've deleted the spotify app from my Facebook account, but that didn't help. Am I going to have to just lose my spotify account?

Forces me to log in through Facebook. When attempting to change password I follow the instructions: "An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to .....com" Everthing works until the final stage of inputting my new password, which yields:

"There was a problem setting your password"

in white on bold red background.

Keep getting caught in this infinite loop. Please help.

I am having the same problem and it's driving me nuts..

I have reset my password NUMEROUS times, but still cannot log into spotify. The error message says login failed, username or password incorrect. I can view my account details perfectly. This is indeed driving me nuts!

Hello
I clicked on the "Forgotten Password" link. Went to email and followed all requisite steps. Keep getting "Your form has expired. Please contact Spotify team"

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

i firstly subscribed Spotify with a username which is my name and i used my google account to subscribed. i then used 30 day trial on Spotify, when the trial ended, it starts charging me $12 per month. i then logged out and now trying to log in but i just forgot the password, so i asked them to send to my email the link to reset. they sent me the link but with the other username. and i think it is so i click into the link, reset my password and now it brings me to another account with nothing in it. and i wonder that are they going to give me as many account as they want and what about the account which i have been charged on.

im so confused, help me please!

Suggested posts