Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't set a device password

I can't set a device password

Hello

I'm having trouble with the password system. 

I have registered with my facebook account and I want to use that account ( because it's premium ) in my ps4. However in the ps4 app, I can only log in with my spotify username and password. So I go to my spotify account and try to set a device password. However it doesn't do nothing and I only receive a message saying: "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.". What should I do?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Hello and welcome.

Please read this post

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Set-Device-Password/m-p/1120473#M14...

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Are you still having trouble?

Spotify is looking into an issue with device passwords at the moment. For now, the workaround is to head to facebook.com > Settings > Security > App passwords > Generate app passwords, and generate one to use with Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can I log in using my Facebook credentials?
If you created your Spotify account through Facebook, you’ll need to log in to your mobile Spotify app and broadcast to your PS4 or your PS3 console through Spotify Connect. On your console, you will then be prompted to link accounts.

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/playstation-get-started

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am trying to delete my fb account which I attempted to do today, only to realise that my spotify account appears to be linked to my fb account, which means that I could no longer log into spotify without facebook... so I've reinstated my fb account for new and have attempted to request a new password, but nothing is being emailed to me... Please can someone explain in basic terms how I can separate my premium account from facebook? Is this even possible?

It's supposedly possible, but a quick Google search shows that it is a very common problem with little to no acknowledgment from Spotify, save MattSuda's canned responses.

It's ridiculous that we've been told to wait 24 hours for the email, but the link in the email expires within 24 hours of being sent. How does that make any sense at all?

I have a feeling this process is so difficult and bugged because FB nor Spotify are making money off of losing data to mine.

I've tried everybody's solutions and it has not worked for me so if you have tried everything possible what you can do is when you go to spotify.com and click "Log in" click "Don't remember password?" and reset the password with the username you can find on your account overview. 

Suggested posts