Country

Belgium

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro Max)

Operating System

(iOS 13.1)

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify

I have been using Spotify for free for a few months now and would love to upgrade to a premium account. Since I am a student I want to upgrade to the student subscription, but whenever I do so, I get this notification: "not able to go through with student premium cause you already had a 3 month trail period." It is true that I have already had a trial period for a regular Spotify premium subscription, but that doesn’t mean I can’t upgrade and pay for a student subscription right? 

Thanks for helping me I would really appreciate it!

Greetings

LR

4 Replies

Hey @L4r41, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you've already tried Premium for 3 months, you should be able to get Premium Student, without a trial offer. 

Could you try getting Premium Student by going to your account > Change Plan? From there, you'll see an option to change from Free to Student. 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

It still doesn’t work, I still get that same notification every time I try. I have always been very happy with Spotify, so I really would love to upgrade. Is there any other solution? 

Kind Greetings

LR

Hi @L4r41,

thanks for keeping us posted !

I would suggest opening an incognito window, logging into your Spotify account and in the same window head here.

This should be a work around for you to subscribe to the Premium for Students.

If that link doesn't do the trick, you can also give it a try and use this one in the same window.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi
Unfortunately it didn’t work... I even tried making a new account and see how it goes from there, but even then I get the same notification...
Greetings LR

Suggested posts