I can't upgrade to premium account with a gift Card

Re: I can't upgrade to premium account with a gift Card

koenbrits
Regular

Someone who has an answer to my question above?

Thanks in advance.

Peter__
Community Legend

@koenbrits wrote:

Someone who has an answer to my question above?

Thanks in advance.

Hey 🙂 

If your currently using unlimited from a gift card, you can't convert those unlimited days into premium days. If you wish to upgrade to premium, you either need to wait until your unlimited subscription expires or get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and see what they can do for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Toooo
Casual Listener

This is not fair.  I accidentally clicked on unlimited and now the 60$ gift card I bought myself is useless.  What a scam.  I will not only not be listening to my unlimited subscription on my computer, but I will not be able to have spotify on my my phone.  I wil not be using spotify anymore.  You are a bunch of crooks. 

Peter__
Community Legend

@Toooo wrote:

This is not fair.  I accidentally clicked on unlimited and now the 60$ gift card I bought myself is useless.  What a scam.  I will not only not be listening to my unlimited subscription on my computer, but I will not be able to have spotify on my my phone.  I wil not be using spotify anymore.  You are a bunch of crooks. 

If you accidentally choose the wrong subscription plan when redeeming your card, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to swap it over to premium for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Jaydenpower

i am trying to upgrade to premium and it wont take my visa gift card number and i know it has money on it aznd the funds dont expire till the 6/31/2021. any help would be nice

Peter__
Community Legend

@Jaydenpower wrote:

i am trying to upgrade to premium and it wont take my visa gift card number and i know it has money on it aznd the funds dont expire till the 6/31/2021. any help would be nice

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Prepaid cards don't always work on Spotify, from experience it seems pretty hit and miss. Can you try tying the card to PayPal and then trying again? Also, make sure your card meets all of the requirements in this help page

If you are in Europe, you might also be able to purchase yourself a Premium eCard which you can redeem against your own account for premium.

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS