Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't use my account for mysterious reason and I'm not getting any help

Solved!

I can't use my account for mysterious reason and I'm not getting any help

I have a big problem and the SpotifyCares account on twitter is not helping me. My last message to them has been left unanswered for 24 hours. Despite me trying to remind them with posts on their open page (the details being through DMs). My account is declared inactive and even this account that I'm using now is one I just made up to be able to use this board. It all started Monday night. 1. I got logged out of Spotify on my smartphone for no reason and I couldn't log back in. b. I managed to log back in by resetting my password. 2. This happened several more times on Tuesday. 3. Yesterday things got even worse. I could no longer reset login password as it would claim that my email adress is not connected to an active account and on some pages on the web it would say "oops! something went wrong here..." in Swedish (I'm a Swedish customer). I've tried to re-install but it doesn't help and it's not surprising as I can't use Spotify on my Computers either. As I said, I can't even use to to log-in on my pages at the different sites of Spotify. I'm a paying Premium account customer as of circa march 2015 and aside from that I've had the same account for 6 years without any problems. And last time I did log-in it said I had an active account and next payment would be drawn on the 25th of february (if I remember correctly). I don't think it's unfair of me to demand something better than this. There is virtually no Customer Service out there for a Spotify customer. Anyway, maybe this board can help me out. What can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Rather than their Twitter account (It can be hard handling customer servie, billing, or login issues over Twitter) you should try sending an email to them on ther "Contact Us" page.

Also, you should make sure your email account hasn't been compromised, and that you were using a secure password. Your issue sounds very similar to someone's password being stolen and a hacker going in and changing your account password over and over in an attempt to take over your account, and perhaps sell it online in the future. You should double-check that you can still log into your email and that you don't see any sketchy emails, and change the passwords on all of your other accounts as a security precaution. This is especially important if you use the same password on more than one website.

After you've tried the above, report back with your findings 🙂 Hopefully customer support will be able to help you out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Rather than their Twitter account (It can be hard handling customer servie, billing, or login issues over Twitter) you should try sending an email to them on ther "Contact Us" page.

Also, you should make sure your email account hasn't been compromised, and that you were using a secure password. Your issue sounds very similar to someone's password being stolen and a hacker going in and changing your account password over and over in an attempt to take over your account, and perhaps sell it online in the future. You should double-check that you can still log into your email and that you don't see any sketchy emails, and change the passwords on all of your other accounts as a security precaution. This is especially important if you use the same password on more than one website.

After you've tried the above, report back with your findings 🙂 Hopefully customer support will be able to help you out.

Thanks. I did think twitter wasn't a good way to handle it but I kept getting suggestions to use it through Spotify's own help links. I just sent an email through that help form thing. I haven't noticed anything weird logging in to my email etc. so far, but I've also suspected some kind of hacking scam going on here.

Suggested posts