Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't view who I am following

I can't view who I am following

Just as it says, I can't view who I am following. I go to my profile click "following" and nothing shows up, not on my phone, the desktop app, or the web player. I sometimes follow artists to look them over in the future. But now, I can't even see who I am following.

39 Replies

Unfortunately the uncomplete following list problem persists with me.

I'm following over 440 artists and friends, less than 15% are actually viewable to me which is better than the none before but the majority is still missing.

Hi @CananCoskan & @michaelrist have you both quit Spotify and signed back in again? 

How about a clean reinstallation?

Hi @Meredeth, sure have. The problem is still there. I have even been in touch with spotify support via email and they performed maintenance on my account by restoring the followers and following content two days ago, it didn't fix the problem. The last email I had from them was to update me that they had spoken to the right people of the problem and that a fix was on the way. The fix came today but it has only restored a portion of who I'm actually following. There are still heaps missing from the list even though I am still following them. As I say, I follow over 400 friends and artists, a handful of them are actually showing. Quitting Spotify, logging out and back in again and uninstalling Spotify and Reinstalling it does not fix my problem.

Hey @michaelrist do you mind posting a screenshot for us? We'll continue chasing this for you. 

Hi @Meredeth,

Please find screenshot attached. I have Spotify on both Mac and iPhone, as you can see in the screenshot is I am following 447 friends and artists and they still aren't visible. When they are visible but you can't see in a screenshot is that you can only see approximately 115 of them on both platforms.

Hope this is of some help?

Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 12.18.23 pm.png

To add to my last post above, when the people I am following do show up - my spotify shows who I am following in a semi-alphabetical order roughly from A-H. Any Artist or Friend with a name from I to Z does not show up in my list.

Its not working for me,  just show's how many im following.

Can you see the full list in the web player?

https://play.spotify.com

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, they are all there in webplayer.

@awdtalon21 & @michaelrist We're still looking into this. Is this still giving you trouble? Or are you able to see who you're following now? 

I have the same issue. Looks exactly as it does in their screenshots. Latest version, Mac. (Yes, I can see who I'm following in the Web Player, but there is not "following" view there is there?)

Hi @merideth, 

Sorry for the delay to get back to you, I tried the drastic step of unfollowing everyone I followed as nothing else appeared to be working - this revealed those that I could not see properly so I unfollowed them until my list was 0. I left my account for a couple of days then I began slowly refollowing those that I followed previously, things looked promising until I reached about 200. The bulk of who I follow are on my list but there is a huge amount that aren't so the problem still exists for me. The following list is complete only in the webplayer version of spotify but not in any of my apps.

Hi Meredith yes I tried both. It didn't solve the problem.
Currently, my following list is still incomplete.

Hey guys we're still investigating this one--if you're still having trouble could you please confirm that by posting again here? 

Thanks!

Hello Meredith, I still experience the same problem. I can't reach the full list of those artists/friends I followed. I can reach half of my artists from the "artists" tab but that is not what I want. I would like to see those persons/artists I am following.

Thank you very much for following up on it!

Hi @CananCoskan sounds a bit different to the issue in this thread where users weren't seeing anyone at all. 

About how many people do you see? Around 100? 

Hi Meredith,

I am able to see who I'm following on my iphone app but NOT with the web player. Are you able to help with this please?

I've tried logging in and out a few times but this hasn't helped.

Hi Meredith! I am having a problem seeing the people and artists I am following. There is no following tab on my spotify profile, only followers, recently played, and public playlists. This has been a problem for a couple of months.

SPOTIFY.png

I really don't understand why Spotify makes it so hard to find who you are following on desktop. I follow multiple users because I like some of their playlists. However, on desktop there is not way to just click who you are following in the menu bar and see the list of people you are following so you can listen to the one you want. Can't you guys just add a 'Following' button in the side menu bar and then we click on it and it lists all the people we are following? It seems like that would just be a standard obvious feature.

Suggested posts