Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7, Mac

Operating System

iOS, MacOS

My Question or Issue

With spotify free I could choose my favorite artists after account creation. Afterwards I'll got my first Mixtape with songs from my favs. But after switching to premium this mixtape is gone. Same with another account and directly switching to premium. No artist choosing possible. That's not cool. Why could I not choose my favorite artists with premium? I pay and get less ...

7 Replies

Hey @grommit, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app? 

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I've signed out in the app, deleted the app and installed it again (on iOS). But the mixtape I've got right after signing in as a FREE user is still gone.

Hey @grommit.

With Premium, you'll get even more! I'd recommend building a small library with saved music and playlists. You'll then get Daily Mixes, Release Radars, Discovery Weekly's and more. The more you use Spotify, the more Spotify gets to know you.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

I am familiar with the functions of Spotify. But it would be really cool as a new user of Spotify to get a first mixtape based on the favorite artists. As a FREE user I get this mixtape, but not as a premium customer and I find that really annoying. Because based on this initial mixtape I could just start listening without having to search. And you have already developed the function and offer it - but not for new premium users.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hey @grommit, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great! 

I’d recommend submitting a new idea here, and add a vote to it. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Submitting an idea will not solve the issue that the FREE account has a better feature than the PREMIUM account. I would like to raise an incident. But it seems that this is not possible at spotify. Spotify seems not to be a consumer orientated company.

Hey @grommit.

Thanks for getting back to us - we're keen to get to the bottom of this, so bear with us 🙂

Do you mind clarifying what the exact issue is with your Daily Mixes, specifically with regard to the different experience you are having on the free and Premium versions? Are these two seperate accounts, or did you upgrade from free to Premium on the same account? If it's the latter, is the issue that you aren't seeing your Daily Mixes after upgrading?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts