Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot access my Spotify account

I cannot access my Spotify account

Hello.

I've been sending messages to spotify support for weeks now, but nobody answers.

One morning I tried to log onto spotify, but I couldn't. I had the option to log in with either my spotify username and password or make a new account. But my spotify was connected through my facebook, so I didn't have a spotify username and password. Therefore I was forced to make a new account to log into spotify.

Now I have two spotify accounts. One of them is my "old" account, and the other one is the one I had to make to log into spotify that morning. My old account is connected to my e-mail. I get spam about new songs in my playlists every day. I've also paid for that account(just yesterday 9,99 was deducted from my bank account). But I cannot use that account, because my spotify is connected to my facebook and my facebook is connected to the new account.

Very annoying that I cannot use the product I've paid for. And even more annoying that support isn't replying to my letters.

How can I get to use my initial Spotify account again?

9 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Did you reply to the automated confirmation mail (the mail that redirects you to the F.A.Q and the community)? If not, please do that so an Spotify agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Just reply, even when it says 'no-reply'

I sent 3 messages, but still no reply. Should I be worried? I've been paying for your service for over 2 years now, but I won't even get customer support. How long will it take for an agent to contact me? Rough estimate please..

@Spotifyuser1321 - Did you even get the automated email reply that confirms you submitted a case?

If not, open a new one here as something isn't right with your email address:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Once you have opened a case and replied to the automated email almost all cases are resolved within 24 hours.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not touching that option. I've sent numerous letters there for weeks and no repsonse.

I also replied to the no-reply e-mail accounts, spotify news and support. No response.

9fdddd982cef2fd69459ad7dd1b2adaf.png

Do any of those emails contain an 8-digit case number? If so if you could post it here we can ask someone from Spotify to pick it up for you.

Peter

Nope, no case number. How could there even be one? Spotify support haven't contacted me.

I only got the automatic "Spotify Subscription Payment Failure" letter yesterday, which is also odd, because money was deducted from my account already on Friday, 17.10.

Found one now:

Spotify Case # 01926231

@Spotifyuser1321 - I've asked someone to make sure that gets answered for you. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Peter

The worse thing for me is, I cannot reset my password. I can't remember what the password was. I'm trying to reset it, but no use, I cannot delete my account because the procedure is very complicated. Literally, I can't do anything. It also tells me that I'm not able to log in because Spotify is not available in my country. I just don't understand why this company is running if they aren't capable of helping their customers and if all they are gonna do make it available in selected countries? Then don't even run this company at all. My Windows defender blocked a Spotify application as an unwanted program. What kind of a company this is when they are giving me an application that can harm my computer? I'm going to report this to Microsoft if this don't get solved.

Suggested posts