Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot change my country for paying for premium

Solved!

I cannot change my country for paying for premium

Hello,

I am currently residing in Turkey. I was trying to subsribe to premium and I am using my dad's credit card who is currently in Oman and his credit card is from there. When I am trying to pay, I am getting an error message that I cannot pay using this payment option because It's not the same as the country that I am residing in. It asks me to change the country. And I cannot change the coutnry as there is no option other than Turkey in the options drop list. Please help.

I do not want to install a VPN or use a proxy so I can "fool" the website to think I am in Oman. I really hope there's an easier way around because I think it's my right to pay however I like for the premium. 

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sam184,

As far as I know, Spotify hasn't even launched in Oman yet, which means that you wouldn't be able to change your country setting to Oman if you would be there.

You'll have to use a turkish payment method as your account's country setting is set to Turkey and you're actually in Turkey.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Sam184,

As far as I know, Spotify hasn't even launched in Oman yet, which means that you wouldn't be able to change your country setting to Oman if you would be there.

You'll have to use a turkish payment method as your account's country setting is set to Turkey and you're actually in Turkey.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts