Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant access my account as i have forgotten the email address i used and password

I cant access my account as i have forgotten the email address i used and password

It has my paypal set up as the payment method, i have informed paypal and they have stopped the direct debit plan so nothing will come out my ebay account. If i dont pay the bill for the premium service will spotify just freeze my premium service as i dont want to use as i will never be able to acess it again. Or will the bills just add up and be forwareded to debt collection eventually. thanks

4 Replies

Hey @ethan0987651234 ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Your Spotify account will revert to Spotify free if PayPal stop payment, or it will be disabled completely if they process a chargeback normally. If you could get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand in tracking down your account using your billing details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

can spotify track my name address and phone number in anyway cos i never put it on my account or can they see them through paypal

They can't and have no reason to do so. As Peter said, if you cancelled the payment, your account will automatically revert to Free.

I wouldn't be so sure, I would imagine Spotify can see some of your paypal details. 

From experience when selling on eBay, you can't see any real payment details when someone pays you by paypal, but you can see their real name, verified address and paypal email address. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts