Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant subscribe to spotify family!

Solved!

I cant subscribe to spotify family!

Hi there, i live in Brazil and i was using spotify family, today spotify announced the new spotify family plan wich is way cheaper so i wanted to change to it, when i tried at first i received a message saying that i cant make that change. So i just canceled my plan and now im trying to subscribe to this new family plan again. When i try to subscribe i go to a page saying that javascript is disabled "Você precisa ativar o Javascript para continuar no processo de compra." (portuguese). I already tried in my linux notebook and in my windows computer and i checked that javascript is active. (im using chrome) All that i can think is that the system doesnt let me subscribe because i canceled my old plan five minutes ago. Well, solve this guys. I'm waiting for an answer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@bcesarg6 @Tiocabanas @tcaravana @andreraggi @Keevineeds

All existing users are being migrated to the new plan, which should take a day or two.

No need for users to do anything.

If you already canceled, please contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you signing up again with the new plan. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I have the same issue. I have tried on all browsers including FF, IE, Chrome and mobile Chrome (Android). The issue persists.

i'm having the same problem here! tried in 6 diferent computers with diferent browsers... same message...

Same here, can't subscribe to spotify, all my browsers say that i need to active javascript

i'm having the same problem, tried in Safari on my iPhone and Google Chrome... "javascript is disabled"

some people say that if you disable all extensions of your browser may work but did not work with me.

I believe this action (the extensions) be a coincidence. On my smartphone (Chrome mobile) I have no extension and the issue is the same.

I'm having the same issue here.

Tried Chrome in Incognito mode, Firefox, Chrome for Android, Edge.....

Same here!

Marked as solution

@bcesarg6 @Tiocabanas @tcaravana @andreraggi @Keevineeds

All existing users are being migrated to the new plan, which should take a day or two.

No need for users to do anything.

If you already canceled, please contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you signing up again with the new plan. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

I have the single Premium account and I would like to complete the migration to Family Plan. Please note this issue occurs during the process, not allowing the change. My account is still single Premium and I was not able to do anything to update since this specific step require to 'enable Javascript', already enable in all web and mobile browsers.

@andreraggi

Yes, for some reason, the website may not let add new members (or, in your case, become Family).

It's being looked upon.

osorniosSpotify Star

I don't have a Family Plan, so I cannot "just wait till the migration occurs".

I cannot even cancel my plan. When I try I get the same Javascript disabled warning.

So I'm stuck with my current premium plan.

Dear @osornios

Well, I'm Premium member for a long time and I received an invitation today by email to upgrade to Family plan. In my main 'Home' has a banner inviting to continue and upgrade. I follow the steps to the above issue.

Do you mean that probably the system is migrating the current members, not allowing these and any others to do the update or register as Family members on these two days?

I would like to know please if after this migration I'll be able to access my account and update as has been reported. It supposedly means that we should wait, since the system may be overloaded. This issue was intentional, I imagine.

Thanks in advance. 

It worked!

I have a suggestion of what might be happening, a tip that can help some members. Coincidentally, the deadline of my boll plan was just today. Once the amount was charged to my credit card, minutes ago, automatically, I tried to upgrade and it worked. This may be a coincidence, but it worked soon after that happens.

I was having the same issue here earlier. After some hours, I've tried again and this time I was able to get back to spotify family.

Sorry for my poor english.

Suggested posts