Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I deactivated my Facebook, and now i only have number/letters as mu username. I want to have my name

Solved!

I deactivated my Facebook, and now i only have number/letters as mu username. I want to have my name

I have deactivated my FB, and now my name on spotify is the random numbers.

I would love to have my name displayed instead of the username that is the numbers. Is that possible?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @oki123!

If your account was created via Facebook and you deactivated your account, I'm afraid you won't be able to see your Facebook display name as your Spotify username. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @oki123!

If your account was created via Facebook and you deactivated your account, I'm afraid you won't be able to see your Facebook display name as your Spotify username. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This isn’t a solution, just an acknowledgement that Spotify has a problem that should be addressed. I’m sure you’ll have many customers over the coming years that will want to delete their Facebook account out of concern for privacy. Spotify should provide support for those users to migrate to a real username.

Hey there @blrandel

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As @Jose_M described, it isn't currently possible to use your Facebook name as a Spotify display name, if you deactivated your Facebook account. However, if you think other users might also like your suggestion, go ahead and create an idea on the Community. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here.

If you're curious, you can read more about how the idea submission process works by clicking here.   

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts