Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I dont have Facebook but would like to be able to search for my friends and follow them

I dont have Facebook but would like to be able to search for my friends and follow them

Is there any way I can find my friends from the desktop app? Im struggling and its proving to not be user friendly.... 

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yep it is possible 🙂

You can click on the search bar and search for spotify:user:friends-username replacing the username with the UN of your friend.

That will bring you to their profile where you can follow them and subscribe to their playlists.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Do i just do this in the normal search function? Because when I have done that its been unresponsive. It will only let me search for artists...

Yes, but you need to know your friends usernames which is a little tricky sometimes. 

If you friends have Spotify accounts, and therefore unique userames then you can search for them in the way Anthony mentioned above. For example you should be able to find my profile using:

spotify:user:hammeh

If your friends created their Spotify accounts using Facebook, then their usernames will be all numbers. If that is the case the easiest way for you to find their profiles is to get them to send you a track/playlist since you can easily navigate to their profile from your inbox! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts