Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I dont want to log in through facebook

I dont want to log in through facebook

Hi there,

I've been having a look through community posts and solutions etc but im just not getting anywhere...

I have always logged in through facebook and now I would like to log in manually with a user name and password...  I need to reset my password as for some reason it wont let me use the password I assume is linked to the acc.

Every time I request a password reset it links me back to my facebook acc...

I want to be able to log in through an alternative device, but that device must have a user name and password... which im not able to set as i seem to stuck in a facebook reset loop!!!

Argh

Help help help please!

Thanks!

4 Replies

Do you have a real Spotify username or was your account created via Facebook? 

Easiest way to check is to go to your online overview which displays your real username. If it is a number your account was created via Facebook.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there,

I have a user name which I've tried logging in with, but it replies the password is wrong, which I then cant reset as it always redirects me to facebook although the password im using is correct for facebook.

😕

What happens if you enter your username rather than your email address on the reset page?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I get this message

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

Thanks

Suggested posts