Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have a song that I want to upload to Spotify...

Solved!

I have a song that I want to upload to Spotify...

Its a great van morrison song currently not on.. How do I do it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Spotify are really happy to have new artists on our service! However, Spotify want the content to be legally aclaimed, and therefore Spotify don't have an upload featured dedicated directly for unsigned bands. However, Spotify has teamed up with a large number of content providers, who are allowing people to upload their music and distribute them to Spotify. However, each partner has their own pricing model and rules applied to that, and on some providers you also need to distribute to other stories (iTunes, amazon) in order to get on Spotify, while other does it for free and only to Spotify.

If you only want to get your music on Spotify for fun, I recommond you check out RouteNote. However, if you are a more etablished band, and need a good way to track your progress at Spotify, I recommonded Record Union. Route Note does currently distribute to Spotify completely free of charge, while Record Union have standard distribution fees. I recommend Record Union if you have potential sale plan, as they have a much better opportunity to track your progress and is a more etablish, well-selling provider on the market.

However, I strongly recommond you to have a good selling plan for your music. Putting your music onto Spotify does not iself means any success iself. You should build up a good fan base and marketing strategy, and currently ReverbNation is a good platform to start of to get started with building a fanbase. They also have an good digital distribution offer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

All the music in Spotify is submitted by the record labels (Getting Spotify users to upload music would create all kinds of problems making sure that all the right people get paid).

You can import the track into Spotify on each computer, and sync to Spotify mobile.

Gotcha... Didn't realize the DRM is handled directly by Spotify with the labels.  Can we make a suggestion to negotiate for a particular song?

Hey 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at the first post in this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So dj's can't upload their mixes. Is this correct?

Hi. Can dj's upload their mixes with playlist credits?

Marked as solution

Hi,

Spotify are really happy to have new artists on our service! However, Spotify want the content to be legally aclaimed, and therefore Spotify don't have an upload featured dedicated directly for unsigned bands. However, Spotify has teamed up with a large number of content providers, who are allowing people to upload their music and distribute them to Spotify. However, each partner has their own pricing model and rules applied to that, and on some providers you also need to distribute to other stories (iTunes, amazon) in order to get on Spotify, while other does it for free and only to Spotify.

If you only want to get your music on Spotify for fun, I recommond you check out RouteNote. However, if you are a more etablished band, and need a good way to track your progress at Spotify, I recommonded Record Union. Route Note does currently distribute to Spotify completely free of charge, while Record Union have standard distribution fees. I recommend Record Union if you have potential sale plan, as they have a much better opportunity to track your progress and is a more etablish, well-selling provider on the market.

However, I strongly recommond you to have a good selling plan for your music. Putting your music onto Spotify does not iself means any success iself. You should build up a good fan base and marketing strategy, and currently ReverbNation is a good platform to start of to get started with building a fanbase. They also have an good digital distribution offer.

Thanks for your advice and helpful links 🙂

Suggested posts