Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have access to someone else's account

I have access to someone else's account

Spoiler
Reset the wrong account

My Question or Issue

So I was trying to make updates to my account that a friend had created for me. I was being charged for Premium. I tried looking up my username/email that was used within the account, but the mobile app doesn't show it! (Samsung S8) After looking over your site for 30 minutes to get in touch with customer support (Your links and docs are abysmal) I relayed what I thought was the email address to customer support through chat.

So it turns out that wasn't the correct email/username. Now I have access to someone else's account and still can't login to my own (don't worry, Spotify is still charging my card).

I'm aware I share responsibility in this, but seriously Spotify, how can you not show an account's username within the phone app? Every app I'm aware of has a settings page that allows you to at least view your account settings. Instead your suggestion is to download an app so you can root around your phones file system or connect it to a USB? Call me cynical, but I think this is a ploy to make it more difficult for people to cancel Premium once they've signed up.

Either way, someone else's account has been compromised and I'm still locked out of my account. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply

I spoke with customer service again through chat and the issue was resolved.

Suggested posts