Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have been billed three times for one download

Solved!

I have been billed three times for one download

Hi,

I have been billed and charged three times for one song download.

When I attempted to download a song there was an error message saying try later which is what i did and then managed to download the song I wanted.

However what is alarming is that two charges were made to my card on that day and a further charge was made to my card the following day when I was not using my computer (when I was at work).

I am quite annoyed that it is not easy to contact anyone to query credit card charges (I have already filled out an contact form but have heard nothing) and I am on the verge of contacting my Credit Card provider to reject the charges as fraudulent.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is all fine. I will just use Amazon.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey jimbleberry, welcome to the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear you were charged extra times for the download. I'll follow this up myself and see that it gets dealt with.

You'll receive an email from us shortly.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for your reply but I am most bothered about the charge on the following day.

I am not really happy with being told "not to worry" because had I not been on the ball it would have gone un-noticed.

To make a charge to my card when I have not given authority is fraud and I am really unhappy about this.

A prompt refund and an explaination of a tempramental system does not make it right.

This is the first time I have bought from you having previously used Amazon and this has not been a good experience.

I assure you that we take this as seriously as you do and the payments team are currently looking into how this could have happened.

Incidents like this can unfortunately happen, though they are very rare. And in those cases we'll always make sure no-one ends up out of pocket over it. Of course, we totally appreciate that this isn't the ideal user experience for you to have gone through when first purchasing downloads and for that we're extra sorry.

If you'd like to discuss this further at all, please just reply to the email we sent out.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

It is all fine. I will just use Amazon.

Hi.

My spotify faild paying, and it wasn't the account who was empty. and when i bought premium, i got charged twice. are you the right person for that?

Blacksmoke - The two charges that you see on your statement are both linked to your Spotify account. It's possible that the subscription button was pushed twice.

Don't worry about having lost any payments. Our system has taken account of both payments and has extended your Premium subscription to two months. This means that you will not be charged again on your next billing date. Your subscription will continue as usual the month after.

If you would like the second payment refunded and your subscription to continue with normal monthly payments next month, just let the payments team know here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts