Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have been hacked and blackmailed

I have been hacked and blackmailed

I have been hacked by a scammer that emailed me asking for money in exchange to stop hacking me. I asked your help but you didn't help me and you are no longer replying to my emails.

YOU ARE LETTING HIM AWAY WITH MY PERSONAL INFO AND MY CARD. YOU COULD BE SUED! 

HELP ME!

2 Replies

Hey @POPULAR, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @POPULAR ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I can assure you that your financial and security details are never compromised, even if your account has been taken over by someone else. The Spotify Support team usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

• Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX. If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.
    • If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the Community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.
    • If you never got an email, look in your junk folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up for Spotify. You can check your account's email address here.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts