Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have been signed on to a Spotify Premium Trial without my knowledge.

I have been signed on to a Spotify Premium Trial without my knowledge.

Hi, 

Today I noticed that my credit card has been charged for one month of Spotify Premium. I never signed up for Spotify Premium. I looked into the FAQ and the only information I could find is that apparently, after a 30 day Spotify Premium Trial, it transforms into an automatic subscription and you are charged unless you cancel it in time. 

However here's the thing -  I have never signed up for any Spotify Premium Trial. I first signed on to Spotify about 18 months ago or perhaps longer, and it was a free account. Since then I have only ever used the site to listen to music, more sporadically in recent months, and have never, ever  changed anything whatsoever to do with my account settings - including signing up to a Spotify Premium Trial. I haven't downloaded the mobile app, I haven't done anything with the site in recent months except occasionally stream an album, so there's no way that I took any action that might have accidentally lead me to sign up for a premium trial.  

I am very upset that I have somehow been signed up for a spotify premium trial without my knowledge, and then had this transform into a subscription that I was charged for, again without my knowledge. Has this happened to anyone?

Thank you

1 Reply

You must have given Spotify your card details and these are only required when signing up for a subscription. You can use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Suggested posts