(iPhone 7,  Macbook Air late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

Thanks much appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ciaraanne22 ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here. (Spotify needs to be allowed to have access to your personal data in order for your display name to be changed).

You can also log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example, your name. You can do this from here.

Keep in mind that it might take up to 48 hours for the changes to be reflected on your Spotify profile. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ciaraanne22 ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here. (Spotify needs to be allowed to have access to your personal data in order for your display name to be changed).

You can also log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example, your name. You can do this from here.

Keep in mind that it might take up to 48 hours for the changes to be reflected on your Spotify profile. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Thanks so much! It worked :))))

Hey @Brunelicia, 

I have the same problem as @ciaraanne22 mentioned. Tried all what you have mentioned, but still without success.

(When i registered to spotify, I fill up the registration form - without using facebook that time)

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Same boat here.

Signed up with no Facebook. Now want to connect the two and have tried everything.

Tried from inside the mobile APP to hit "Connect to Facebook". Nothing happens.

Tried from inside the desktop app to hit "Connect to Facebook". This allows me to enter the Facebook credentials, but it doesn't do anything (for example, if I launch it from the "Find Friends" are it immediately faults to "Sorry, we couldn't load friends to follow".

Spotify has View and Edit permissions via Facebooks Apps and Websites section and also Process My Data permissions via Spotify Privacy Settings section. 

Both desktop and mobile app have been reinstalled a few times to attempt to address the issue, but to no avail. 

Facebook will not show in the Apps section of Spotify however. Nor will my username display my name and photo, but only the numerical username.

Thanks guys, any advice is appreciated.

Suggested posts