Premium

Country

Colombia 

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

apparently someone violated my account because today I was going to enter Spotify and it appeared that the session was closed. I tried to enter my data which I was sure was correct and it did not work. This had happened to me before, I lost my account but I tried to recover it with my email. I knew that it was altered because the email was changed, that is, they took an M off at the end. But once I recovered my account and changed the password, I decided to leave the mail like that because I thought it would not happen again (terrible decision I know). The .co email does not exist, .com email is no longer linked to that account or to any other. I have already filled out the contact form and I am waiting for a response, but I am afraid that the longer that person is with my account, the more changes they can make. My plan is family premium and I am afraid it will affect the accounts linked to it because my account is the administrator of the plan. Any alternative help to the form would serve me well. I posted this from a free alternative account.

3 Replies

Hey @mariamm2, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since you have already gotten in touch with Customer Support, the best thing to do is to wait for a reply. You can also try getting in touch with @SpotifyCares on Twitter if you have a Twitter account by sending them a DM, or Facebook

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! They already helped and I recovered my account 😁

I know I had to be patient but I was afraid of losing something important.

Hey @mariamm2

You're very welcome! I understand, no worries! 

I'm happy to hear that your account has been recovered, and is in good shape. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts