I have premium but my songs won't play offline

I have premium but my songs won't play offline

Bethinks007
All I did before was save my songs to my music and they would play offline but now they don't. every time I go into the app, it has available offline tab off and I keep turning it on again but my music still isn't available to play offline, can anybody help?
10 Replies

Re: I have premium but my songs won't play offline

Carina
Community Legend

Hey @Bethinks007 and welcome to the community!

Have you at least 1GB of free data storage left on your device? Another thing to check: Spotify allows you to only download 3333 songs per device (3 devices allowed, so 10k in total) at the moment, so maybe you've reached the limit and can't download any more songs. This is not destriction-based but because of the perfomance.

Peter__
Community Legend
What device are you using exactly?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Miana81
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue and can't seem to find an answer for it. I have enough memory on my iPod so I know that's not the issue and I don't think I've reached my limit cause I haven't got any alerts or notifications saying I have. Where can you check that??

cape712
Regular

i had the problem of offline mode not allowing songs to be played offline; like when commuting to work, etc. I learned here that you need to open the app on the device where you have it installed, make sure all the tabs for each playlist are green for offline, then select File, drop down to offline mode, and a checkmark should appear next to it...then log out of spotify. log back in and play as usual. your songs should now play on your offline device as well. No need to reselect offline mode under File. I have my app loaded on my macbook at home, and use my ipad to listen to when I am away from any internet connection. hope this works!

Artguychuck1
Regular

I didn't see Cape712's reply above... I'll go try that and see if it helps. 

With 15 GB of space on my machine, lack of space is PRPOBABLY not the issue. 

Cheers!

It may not be the case, but make sure all your songs have been synced.

Alex155
Hey, I had the same problem. What I did was I logged out of my account on my iPhone and logged back on and they started to download. I hope it works for you.

Miana81
Casual Listener
Thank you! I'll try that:)

TrousersDown
I've had the same issue in the past and I find deleting my previous listen history helps
SUGGESTED POSTS