Announcements

I have premium but my songs won't play offline

I have premium but my songs won't play offline

Bethinks007
All I did before was save my songs to my music and they would play offline but now they don't. every time I go into the app, it has available offline tab off and I keep turning it on again but my music still isn't available to play offline, can anybody help?
Top Answer
Eni
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

First up, keep in mind that you need to have an active Premium subscription in order to download your music. You just have to follow these steps and make sure to turn Offline mode on in the app settings. 

If you can't see the download option, you might be logged in to a different account. To check if you have more than one account, take a look at this FAQ.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

17 Replies

Carina

Hey @Bethinks007 and welcome to the community!

Have you at least 1GB of free data storage left on your device? Another thing to check: Spotify allows you to only download 3333 songs per device (3 devices allowed, so 10k in total) at the moment, so maybe you've reached the limit and can't download any more songs. This is not destriction-based but because of the perfomance.

Peter__
What device are you using exactly?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Miana81

I'm having the same issue and can't seem to find an answer for it. I have enough memory on my iPod so I know that's not the issue and I don't think I've reached my limit cause I haven't got any alerts or notifications saying I have. Where can you check that??

cape712

i had the problem of offline mode not allowing songs to be played offline; like when commuting to work, etc. I learned here that you need to open the app on the device where you have it installed, make sure all the tabs for each playlist are green for offline, then select File, drop down to offline mode, and a checkmark should appear next to it...then log out of spotify. log back in and play as usual. your songs should now play on your offline device as well. No need to reselect offline mode under File. I have my app loaded on my macbook at home, and use my ipad to listen to when I am away from any internet connection. hope this works!

Artguychuck1

I didn't see Cape712's reply above... I'll go try that and see if it helps. 

With 15 GB of space on my machine, lack of space is PRPOBABLY not the issue. 

Cheers!

It may not be the case, but make sure all your songs have been synced.

Alex155
Hey, I had the same problem. What I did was I logged out of my account on my iPhone and logged back on and they started to download. I hope it works for you.

Miana81
Thank you! I'll try that:)

TrousersDown
I've had the same issue in the past and I find deleting my previous listen history helps

Tiaunafelle

I'm using my HP Pavilion 

Mary25123

I also have a question. So I downloaded all of my playlists and I have premium but it doesn’t work outside of the house. The music is fainted so if I click on it it won’t do anything and I’ve logged out multiple times. Please help

Yordan

Hey @Mary25123,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Could you try reinstalling Spotify and redownloading your playlists to see if that helps?

If you're still having issues, please you provide us with the following info so we can investigate further:

• your device's make, model and version of operating system
  • the version of your Spotify app
  • a screen recording which shows what happens when you try playing one of your downloaded playlists

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

First up, keep in mind that you need to have an active Premium subscription in order to download your music. You just have to follow these steps and make sure to turn Offline mode on in the app settings. 

If you can't see the download option, you might be logged in to a different account. To check if you have more than one account, take a look at this FAQ.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

czbbflier

I read above that there is a limit of 3 devices? I just purchased an Apple Watch which would make it an iMac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch = 4.

This was not an issue right up to the moment I bought the watch.

Does this mean I have to delete Spotify on one of these devices?

BTW- it seems to be working fine when I am on WiFi and online.

AndresM

Hi @czbbflier,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

At this moment, the amount of offline devices is 5, which means that it's not necessary to delete Spotify on any of these. 

On another note, keep in mind that you're able to download a limit of 50 tracks per playlist on your Apple Watch. There's more useful info about this here.

Remember the Community is here for you in case you need anything else. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

jsavage444

I have 8000 songs on only one device and only some of my downloads work offline what should i do?

Dian

Hey @jsavage444,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Based on the described experience, I think that some of the device's cache may have gotten corrupted. You can fix this by performing a clean reinstall of the app as described here and redownloading the content for offline listening. Just make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi network before the download, so you don't spend too much mobile bandwidth.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts

Env: prod