Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have recently got family,my daughter logged in as me when i sent her the link,rather than her own.

I have recently got family,my daughter logged in as me when i sent her the link,rather than her own.

Plan

Premium family

Country

U.K

Device

iPhone 7 (daughter)  samsung s10 (me)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When I sent the family link to my daughter,she logged in as me by mistake,now every time I send her the link to join it says I cant join my own plan! Even though she is now logged in on her account on her phone. I guess it thinks both phones are mine?  Other than ending the plan and starting again how do I fix this?

Thanks.bryan

2 Replies

Sounds like your daughter's login has been permanently corrupted. There is no known fix for this issue.

You're gonna have to start all over and have another kid.

Check with your wife before you do that.

Hey @Bryanj1,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your questions here.

It'd be great if you tried the following steps to make sure your daughter will be able to accept your Premium Family invitation:

1. Make sure both you and your daughter are logged out your own Spotify accounts
  2. Go to your account page and log back in, select Premium Family in the menu on the left, click ADD TO FAMILY PLAN, then click Invite to Premium
  3. At this point, either select COPY LINK and pass it onto the person you’d like to invite, or choose an option to share with your preferred messaging service
  4. Make sure your daughter logs into her Spotify account with a different device than yours and that she tries to open as well as accept the invitation through an incognito/private window of her web browser

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply and jump in if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts