Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have two discover weekly playlists showing up on my account, I don't share my account

I have two discover weekly playlists showing up on my account, I don't share my account

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 5a

My Question or Issue

Last week I noticed a second discover weekly show up with music I would never listen to made for 'Granny' along with the normal one made for me. I don't share my account and have no friends with an account by that name. I've already changed my password and logged out of everywhere but it's still showing up and is pretty annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Does this mean I was hacked?

I attached screenshots of my discover weekly and 'Granny's discover weekly

Screenshot_20220215-141132.png
Screenshot_20220215-141121.png
9 Replies

Hey @ZeeDeeC,

Thanks for posting here.

Can you share with us where is this Discover Weekly playlist appearing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

Originally it showed up in the 'made for you' section where the discover weekly playlists usually pop up but the playlist for 'Granny' has been in my 'jump back in' section lately. But it's still updating every week

Hey @ZeeDeeC,

Thanks for your prompt response.

In this case your account should be secure as this is only appearing as a recommended playlist for you to listen to and is not actually a Discover Weekly connected to your own account.

As to why such situation has occurred: This could be just a random mistake in the algorithm for example, or it could be also caused by an account merger or recent transfer, if you've previously contacted Support to ask for help with that 🙂 Overall this is a rare situation, but it doesn't indicate that anyone has gotten access to your account. If you're still worried, you can read here how to protect your account even more.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any other questions.

Kiril Moderator

Hello,

I suppose if my account is secure then everything is fine especially since I already changed my password but is there a way to hide it from my homepage? It's still showing up in my 'jump back in' section and it's a bit annoying

Hey @ZeeDeeC,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately you can't remove playlists from that section manually. What you can try is to Like the playlist and then Dislike it again.

If you don't listen to it, it should go away eventually. 

Something else I'd recommend doing is Logging out Everywhere and back in only on devices you're currently using. Note that if your account is logged in a community device like a home speaker/ TV, which multiple people have access to, someone else might have listened to this playlist and that's why it's appearing in your library.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

I am seeing the same issue here 

Hey there @Nivedpk,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can refer to the previous posts by moderators in the thread for more info on what's happening. If your issue is different than OP, explain the differences and provide some screenshots 🙂 We'll do our best to help out.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have the same situation. My friend's Discover Weekly keeps showing up in my "jump back in"section only because I opened the link he shared before. I haven't played this playlist for a long time but it keeps showing up. Really really really annoying. Please let me know if your issue has been resolved!

Hey @KityuTang,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? Let us know if you've tried some of the steps suggested on this thread.

On another note, we suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. 

If the above doesn't do the trick, we recommend you access your account page and there you'll have to sign out everywhere, using the button you'll find by scrolling to the bottom of the Account Overview page. This will log you out of all the devices you open your account into.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts