Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I hear a bell sound and "This is for you" before my tracks play...

I hear a bell sound and "This is for you" before my tracks play...

Whenever I am playing a track on Spotify I hear a bell sound before the song starts and a short message "This is for you" before the song starts. It is creeping me out and I now think my Spotify got hijacked. 

16 Replies

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you let me know which devices does this happen on? I'd also recommend having a clean reinstall of the app just in case. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I still hear the sound even though I had re-installed and updated the app on the PC. 

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. I'd recommend having a password reset with your account and logging out of everywhere in your Spotify account page, just in case. I'd also recommend clearing up your queue in case a certain song there is causing this issue.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I did that, I will monitor my account today. Thanks for the helpful tips.

Perfect! Make sure to let me know how this goes 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

So, I monitored for a day. It did not happen on Tuesday but today it happend to one song after I changed my password.

Hello there!

Can you let me know if this also happens on other devices? If so, would you mind telling me which devices does this happen on?

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

So it mostly happens whenever I play music on my Windows PCs. On the phone or mobile devices it doesn't happen much.

Hello @Jaelan!

In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify. They'll be able to help you further with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I found out that in this situation, you might have installed some software that containing virus. Have you try to scan malware? I know an app that is MalwareByte which is the best Malware scanning app that I have used. I would prefer you to scan your computer before you get back on Spotify. Feel free to leave a reply below if this method works. 

Hello,

Just a FYI, my PC is not old and it has already two anti-virus systems. I got it recently, like last week. This issue happened both on this PC, my old PC, and mobile phone. I think there is something wrong with my account.

Does it happen on https://open.spotify.com/ too?

No, it doesn't happen on the Web player or on Spotify website. Just on the desktop app or the mobile app. It is weird since it only started happening this month and I never had this issue before.

This sounds weired... Is your local music library enabled?

Maybe this is embedded in some local files.

(This will explain the flawless webplayer usage)

I just turned off that option... I am certain though it doesn't come from that. It only happens ever so often on the track I am listening to ( not one I own personally ). 
EDIT: I believe I figured out the problem. It's actually from a track on a song I listen to... Figured out it is actually part of the song. Sorry for the hassle, but everything this is fine now.

Hey @Jaelan! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Suggested posts