Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm REALLY PISSED OFF for spotify BUG related to my account!!!

I'm REALLY PISSED OFF for spotify BUG related to my account!!!

For some unknown reason, my wife's facebook profile is visible in the right top corner even I have logged with MY OWN account details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see all my playlists etc. and account settings shows correct details with the right email address. Anyway I'm able to login with my facebook email address which authenticates me correctly BUT in this case I cannot see my playlists??? So, I assume that now I have two accounts in the spotify because the stupidity in the Spotify functionality (thanks about the weak coding!). 

I have used Spotify Premium for years in my mobile phone, ipad and home office and I'm really planning to end this **bleep** very soon (FACK SAKE!)

2 Replies

I found the solution via this forum and the it's following:

--> In case your friend or relative facebook account is visible in the right top corner, please ask them to follow the steps below:

1. Login in Spotify with their Facebook username/password AND click "Disconnect from facebook" button via Spotify's Preferencies.

2. After done, login in the Spotify AND I really propose to "connect in facebook" via same preferencies menu (to avoid the same stupidity in the Spotify functionality).

Nice to hear that you resolved it, but there still needs to be an employee response to this:

How is it possible that people are getting connected to Facebook accounts accidentally? The only methods that should connect a Spotify account to Facebook must be one of these:

- Clicking "Connect to Facebook" in Spotify preferences.

- Connecting to Facebook through the Spotify website (under profile overview)

When either of those happens, the user has given consent that he/she wants to use Spotify's Facebook features. Any other methods that automatically connect a Spotify account to Facebook should not be there. If it's a Facebook feature causing this, it should fail to work if the account isn't connected to Facebook.

Suggested posts