Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm being billed twice

I'm being billed twice

How do I get ahold of someone from Spotify? I have tried emailing customer support and I have used the contact form and I can't get a response. I'm being charged for account and my wife's account. The problem is that I upgraded my Premuim account to a family account back in February of 2015. They charged me the $14.99 for 2 months and then went back to charging me $9.99. They also were charging my wife's account $14.99 at the same time. I just realize that for over a year I have been being billed 2 time a month. One for 9.99 and one for $14.99. I never even gave payment info on my wife's account. I simply added her to my family plan. Has anyone else had this issue? How do I get this fixed? Thank you.
1 Reply

@Cmcamp76

It would be first advisable to login into the Spotify website with both your accounts to see what's your subscription status in both, and check if your payment details are in there too.

You can also check if there are receipts from those particular charges in any of your accounts.

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

That way you can see to which account you are being charged in each.

I don't think it's possible for your wife to be in your Family plan and being charged at the same time. Since you are paying 14.99 + 9.99 there could be a third account in there somewhere.

Find any email receipts you might have for subscription purchases in your email accounts. In it, it shows your Spotify usernames that are being paid:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

With that info, you can login to the appropriate account, cancel and even delete payment information so no further charges are made:

1. Go to the Subscription and payment overview page --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts