Premium

Country

France

Device

OnePlus5t, Asus Predator 15

Operating System

Android Pie, Win 10

Hello,

Spotify keeps logging me out since this morning. It actually does either of two things : 
- It logs me out and asks me to log back in (I log in with Facebook)
- It stops the song currently playing, mid-play, and sends me to songs by Clocked Out Boyz. Never heard of them before (what I mean by that is, it doesn't send me to something I've already played). 
Also, when I close the app on my phone and re-launch it later, it asks me to log in (it never did before). 
It does it on my phone and also on desktop, so it shouldn't be because of the last app update (Jan 21st). Does it on WiFi as well as on 4G. With and without Bluetooth. Never gives me an error message. 

Any ideas ?

11 Replies

Hi @Babier!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify accoount. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can confirm issue.  I logged out of all devices and reset passwords.  If I continue to get the problem I will try to update...

Clockedoutboyz is some garbage "music" too...

Hello @disinfertention!

Thanks for your reply. If you follow the steps in this Support article, you can learn how to get in touch with Support so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Did this, so far, still hasn't disconected. Only had the desktop app opened for 30mins tho. Will come back to you if it happens again.

In the meantime, thanks !

I have reset all passwords, logged out of all devices, contacted support and had them secure my account with another passwords reset, removed facebook from being attached to my spotify account and this issue is still occuring.

After removing all devices, I have also reinstalled the PC application and not logged back into any devices.  It will still occasionally stop playing music and say I am playing Clockedoutboyz from Chrome browser and/or log me out and give me error 127.  The play activity does not show up in my recently played activity though.

Hi there!

I didn't get any search results for that artist (clockedoutboyz). Can you send me over the song link? It'd also be great if you could include a screenshot for a better view.

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

So I got logged out one other time, when I posted, and now this artist does not come up and the problem has not happened again.  Problem resolved until someone else exploits our accounts I guess 🙂

Thanks for helping throughout this.

Hey there! It's great to hear this hasn't happened again so far. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day.
https://open.spotify.com/track/3B5UbSndRz907IZhhmUfLi?si=t-vYjEmiTm2lgckKdewtEg
Jose_MSpotify Star

I have been logged out of my account this morning and I am unable to log back into my Premium account. The password reset is not working and I would like to make sure this is not going to continue to charge my card if I cannot log back in. Can someone please advise me as to how to remove payment info if the account is locked out?

Thanks,
Amanda

FarrisFotos

I'd make a new post about it.  This topic was about something a bit different compared to your issue 🙂

Hey @farrisfotos!

Thanks for reaching out. If you follow the steps in this Support article, you can learn how to get in touch with Support so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts